Thursday, January 16, 2014

The heart is a marvelous thing.....

I look at this picture and it just makes me feel warm all over.  The green, the green, aahhh...looking forward to it.
Went and got my stress tests done today.  While she was doing an echo test, I got to see my heart.  Wow!  She was awesome because she explained what she was looking at and let me hear what the valves sounded like and even colored the blood flow so I could see which direction the blood was going.  To see your valves working and see your own heart beating, well, let me tell ya, it's awesome.  It brought tears to my eyes.  All I could think was that this is a  marvelous organ that starts beating before you are born and beats tirelessly (if you are lucky) until the day you die.  That could be 100 years or more.  What a marvelous thing!
It just left me in awe. The part of the stress test on the treadmill left my lungs coughing and wheezing, but the rest of me seemed to do okay.  Still working on getting over the bronchitis I guess.  Anyway, I find out the test results next week I guess.  I see the doctor on Thursday.  I have a feeling everything is gonna be good and I'm gonna try my best to get stronger and in better shape. One doctor told me told me to start slow, just walk down the street and back and build up a little at a time.  I'll be soooo happy to get out with my camera again!

11 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful photo. I went for a 3 1/2 mile hike today, uphill half of the way. When I got to the peak, I was huffing and puffing. I need to get back into shape.

TexWisGirl said...

i am hoping it will all be good!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Praying for good results! Love that green in the beautiful photo. I am so looking forward to spring!! Take care!

CDH said...

Praying all turns out well. I am sure it will. I can not WAIT for green!! But, I can't complain about the beautiful weather we have been having!

S. Etole said...

So good to hear you are feeling better. It will be another three months before we see much green here.

Catherine said...

Such a beautiful warm photo! I hope you keep getting better and take good care of yourself my friend. Health is #1!
xo Catherine

Rose said...

I will be praying, too...I want you to be well. And to be able to enjoy life.

Kerin said...

Wish happy news for you, from the Dr. and that all test results turn out fine.

Love this picture!! Cheers me to remember that Spring is around the corner, and we'll be enjoying warmer temps.
Every day that passes, is a day closer to Spring :)

Enjoy the weekend, my friend.

Kerin

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! I think we're all ready for spring now.

Janet said...

What an awesome picture.
I do hope you get great news back from the Dr. Will be praying for you to feel better soon. Since I have been gone for so long I didn't know you weren't well.
We have moved to WA to take care of mom and sis. Sure miss Logan.
Take care for yourself my friend.
Janet ((hugs))

Jeanne said...

Bet your tests will be ok... if they were bad, you would not be waiting till next week to find it out. Hang in there and before yu know it you will be out with your camera!