Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stylish walking....

Ahh...to be so stylish when walking your dog.  I have on old pants, my Nike's (the most expensive shoes I've ever bought) oh and the orthotics I have slipped in them so I CAN walk, an old shirt, and maybe my old frayed flannel shirt over that if it's cool enough.  My hair is usually in a ponytail, which I look absolutely awful in, but it's cooler that way, since my hair is now down to the middle of my back.  Imagine that, a 60 year old lady with (now)more red than brown hair and long to beat!
Oh well that's me, a round person trying to fit in a square hole.  ANYWAY, at least I can walk her.  I couldn't do that a couple of months ago. 1.  I am thankful for that!
2.  I am so grateful for my sweet parents who have done all that they could do for me.  Especially racing to Sacramento, California, (my Dad even got a speeding ticket) to pick up the new baby girl that they adopted.  (ME!)  They couldn't wait to get me.  I mean can you blame them? hehe.
3.  I am so grateful for 5 children I thought I would never have.  I was told early on that I would never have children.  Then all of a sudden I couldn't seem to stop them coming.  At 5, I said whoa! and the doctor "fixed" me.
3.  I am grateful for their father.  He and I were married for 17 years, but we've been friends since I was 13 years old.  We are still friends (I just don't have to be married to him, yeehaw!) and he has worked hard to help me raise the kids and I've worked hard to be friends with him and especially his wife.  I mean, we're all in this together right?

Ok now, what else are you thankful for?

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Thank you for making me smile here. I didn't realize you have five children. WOW! You are a saint, both for having so many and for still being friends with their dad even though he has a different wife now.

TexWisGirl said...

i am never stylish. i like the fact that you remain grateful for your ex-husband's influence on your life and those of your children. you're a good woman.

i'm grateful for a pretty day today.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think you sound very stylish for dog walking! (Hey, I'm 54 and still rockin a pony tail!)

I am grateful for so much this year that I couldn't even begin to list it all.

S. Etole said...

This makes me smile. Thankful for this day.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You are a very, very good person to get along with the ex and his wife for your children's sake.

I think your wardrobe sounds just right for dog walking. I'm not stylish and wear what's comfy and what suits me. At 66, who cares? :)

I'm thankful for many things, but today I'm grateful for this free country we live in and the opportunity we have to vote.

Debbie said...

your lucky your hairs not gray, how do you manage that??

my hair is about 5 inches long, can you send me some of yours??

i'm not grateful for shit right now, nope, nothing....we're sitting at the threshold of hell...hehe

that's not really true but i thought it would make you laugh or spit your coffe out ;))))

Anonymous said...

It's good to be friends with as many as possible, esp those in the lives of your kids!
Thank you God for my parents, that's for sure!!! =)
As for stylish, I wish I could be more stylish... I'd love to wear skinny jeans & boots like that, but it just isn't in the cards for me! LoL =)

Rose said...

I couldn't be stylish now, even if I wanted. But if I was skinny enough to wear this outfit, I would be skinny enough for my old overalls...and I loved them beyond about anything.