Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Even though....

Even though the cons out weighed the pros, I wouldn't get rid of my baby for anything.  She can be a real pain in the ass, but I would miss her more than I can say.  Tonight she has torn a soccer ball to shreds.  I never knew how they made soccer balls till tonight.  Interesting, ok well sort of.  And who need chairs that look nice on the patio, they are much more interesting looking all chewed up, as you can see in the picture on the left.  And who needs to be able to wash dishes or cook without a big dog to step around because she insists on laying on the floor where you would be standing.  ANYWAY....Can you tell I haven't had a dog in a very long time?  Especially a puppy who almost weighs more than me!  Well, not quite, but it sure seems like it.  I know one thing, she is definitely stronger than I am.  Whew!  So, I wanted to tell you all, thanks for the advice and comments.  You were all so very right!  So, I'm gonna do my best to lighten up, and not worry about everything, just some things.  Oh and by the way, she's still chewing on the soccer ball.  I keep picking up all the small pieces so she won't swallow them and after she's gone to bed, the whole thing will go in the trash.  I've already tried to take it away from her, but she grabbed it and took off.  Oh and have I mentioned she runs faster than me too?

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

she's gonna be a destructive pup for a while, but she's going to be one heck of a devoted, loving, protective dog. :)

Debbie said...

oh boy!!!

you will look back on these days and laugh!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

We have lots of fun (?) when my son brings his pup to visit! Marley will chew on about anything and she loves it when I'm cooking. I've nearly fallen over her several times. And I have learned to put an old blanket on the sofa because she likes to sleep on it! When they grow out of that puppy stage, it will be so much nicer!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Awww, you know you love her!

Jill said...

Cute, cute photo! You two are made for each other. Just some growing pains. :)

Jill said...

Cute, cute photo! You two are made for each other. Just some growing pains. :)

Kerin said...

She's a cutie.

It'll be nice when she grows out of the puppy stage, and calms down.

Smiles :)
Kerin

Rose said...

Oh, Susan, she is adorable. I truly hope she does like Otto and just stops. It really did not take him too long. And do you have a pet shop near you? Sarah has two or three toys for him that are indestructible. OH, and there is this thing that you shove food into, and they have to work at it to get it. Really kept him occupied...I forget what she put in. Otto is a good eater, but he doesn't swallow his food whole...if you know what I mean.

EG CameraGirl said...

She's very sweet looking, Susan. Patience is needed, she WILL calm down. :))

Anonymous said...

Oh mercy, I wouldn't know what to do w/ a dog like that, either... I'm not a 'dog person', I'm a 'cat person', so my advice would be completely different from everyone else's... LoL! =-)

Jeanne said...

Big dogs can really be a pain as puppies!! I had a wonderful German Shephard that I dearly loved, but the first 2 years were Hell! She even chewed the lighting system off of our boat trailer, chewed up my husbands leather flight bag.... and can't begin to say what else. The faithfulness and company later though is well worth it. Get a big kennel, and put Tiah in it when she is misbehaving. she will even grow to like being in her kennel, and it will limit her misbehaving a bit ( but not totally ). The kennel is a lifesaver.