Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tis windy tonight.  Lots of dark, puffy clouds blowing around.  I wonder if the clouds will just blow away or if they will gather into a summer storm.  I love summer storms, I love the lightening and the sound of the thunder, and the sudden downpours, the smell of the desert can be intoxicating.  Creosote, and other desert plants have their own scent when rained on.  I even love the smell of rain in the air and the smell of the rain on the cement.  Cooling off and clearing the air.  Whatever the outcome tonight, I have a feeling I'm going to sleep well.

Night all,

Susan

2 comments:

Lady Godiva said...

Summer thunderstorms are the best! I have smelled the desert after a hard rain...aah, yes the smell of Creosote, or as I call it "Chaparral"...it is intoxicatingly sweet!

Right now, you are making me long for the desert! :)

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Susan....met you over at Mina's. I live in AZ during the winter and although we don't often get BIG storms I, too, love a desert storm with the clean air and the smell of the desert.....nothing like it.

xo

Jo