Saturday, August 13, 2016

Conversation with a crow.....

 Heard a ruckus outside, and went out to see what the heck was going on.  There was this huge crow sitting in my tree making a lot of noise.  I looked up at him and said, "what the heck is wrong?  I kept asking him if he had a problem.
 He started cocking his head to listen to me.  As I talked with him, he started talking back, making sounds that sounded like he was having a conversation with me.
 After a little while I ran inside for my camera, hoping he wouldn't disappear on me.  He was there waiting for me.  I talked to him while I was taking pictures, and I swear he responded.
 It was totally awesome!
 Though I'm sure neither one of us understood each other, I felt that there really was a conversation going on and that the understanding between us went deeper than language.
Maybe he was complaining about Squeek sitting beneath the tree.  She's not much bigger than he is.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i love when those interactions occur. they are so special.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh, I am sure it was quite the conversation. Incredible shots. Hug B

Jeanne said...

Such a cute conversation you and Squeek were having with this crow! Hope you have had a lovely summer Susan!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

They really are special birds...I had no idea until I researched them after I started photographing them.

Anonymous said...

I saw your post on Kerin's sidebar and thought I'd say "hi, happy fall." Squeek is adorable.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I'm so glad you found me so I could find you. Conversations with crows? Well, I'm particularly fond of crows, ravens, rooks and the like ever since I found out how intelligent they are, how much they gossip and how they remember who treats them nicely or not. Do you know they will pass on information to other crows hundreds of miles away about people who are cruel to them; and they will retaliate by doing things like repeatedly pooing on your car and that sort of thing. They deserve our respect.