Sunday, January 24, 2016

Just a few more pictures....

 I found out that this is a range of extinct volcanoes.  I'm not surprised because our area is covered in volcanic rock.  Because we have very little earthquake activity in our area, it is assumed that these ancient volcanoes are dead.  They have been estimated at only 3 thousand years old.





I went out to lunch with my mother and daughter this weekend.  Took my Mom on a little tour of some of our parks that she didn't know existed.  After lunch my daughter and I went to Target because I needed a few things.  Ahhh, about $132.00 later I went home.  Oh well, it was stuff I needed.  

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

lol on the shopping. :) loved the views you shared.

Aida said...

Your neck of the woods is another beautiful spot on Earth. It has endless beauty to explore.
Hope your mum enjoyed her little trip.
Yep I can relate with the shopping.
Have a good week Susan. I am trying to join your website but I cant seem to find the link. Let me try again.

Rose said...

We seldom go to Walmart without spending a hundred dollars...though yesterday we made it out with under $60.

These are lovely pics...your world is just so different to mine. Such a different beauty, but beautiful all the same.

Kerin said...

Such pretty pictures! I love your area of the state!!

It seems that no matter what, anytime we walk into a store to shop, we spend at least $100.00. Maybe it's because everything has gotten so pricey, or maybe because I need to exercise more control over my spending.. **giggle**.

Have a great rest of your week.

~K.

Jeanne said...

Lovely shots and bet you are looking forward to spring as I am!