Monday, May 5, 2014

Friday night,.....

This picture is the art work of some bored person on a hike and saw a rock that could be turned into a creature. This creature reminds me of my legs.  Friday night I went and babysat 3 of my grandchildren.  It was a late night because they went to a late movie. When I got home I just hit the sack, because I was so tired and I knew I needed to get up early to work in my back yard before it got to hot, but unfortunately my legs didn't agree.  You see, I have restless legs, not to mention swollen ankles and two knees that can hurt pretty bad.  Soooo, about 2 am I finally got up and took the medicine I have to take each night to settle down my legs, and I took one Alleve. About 4am my legs were stinging and hurting so bad that I thought I need a hot bath with epsom salts, baking soda and a little apple cider vinegar. But, but, but its only 4 am!  Oh crap, the bath it is.  As I laid in that hot bath I could feel, and I mean literally feel my legs, ankles and knees just burning and tingling and letting go of the toxins. I finally climbed out of the tub, put on my best holy, BIG undies, and yes they are still loose on me (hey, a girl's gotta have air flow right?) my nightgown, NO lotion so my legs could breathe and sat outside for awhile to cool down and then back to bed about 5am.  I actually woke up and 8:00 a.m. and when I got out of bed my legs felt so light so good!
I worked all day in the yard, ya know, dirt always looks better when raked, and all I ended up with is sore arms.  Slept almost most the day Sunday, but hey it was all worth it.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you poor dear! glad you were able to get it under control, finally, and also get rested back up yesterday!

Kay said...

Turning that rock into a "thing" with teeth was pretty creative. Hope you feel better.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh my gosh- that sounds like a rough night. I'm glad you finally got some rest!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm glad you got some sleep and woke up feeling better. I'd hate to come up on the rock creature when it's almost dark! Take care and have a nice week!

CDH said...

That rock creature is way cool!

Rose said...

Oh, Susan, I hate that you have to suffer with all this...but also glad you seem to know what to do to get some relief.