Monday, August 12, 2013

Where the buffalo roam and the antelope......

 Went out on a drive for Tiah tonight and took some pictures.
 The desert in the dying stages of summer
 Still hot during the day, but getting cooler at night....
 Hunting season is not far off....
 I hope the deer are high tailing for the high mountains...
Kinda expect to see John Wayne riding down the road.  Or Robert Redford from "The Electric Horseman" which was all filmed in old St. George.  Or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, which was filmed in my little town of Ivins.  Oh, we have enough of our own cowboys to keep us, but to see one of those, well that would be a special thing.  Our rodeo is next month.  Always an exciting time here when the rodeo is in town.  I myself love looking at all those male Wrangler butts.  And the boots and hats, OH MY!
Oh home on the range where the deer and antelope play.....

9 comments:

CDH said...

Beautiful! Love the Hiway 91. Our rodeo and fair is Labor Day weekend. Not much of a fair really. I like the rodeo! :) I get to see a wrangler butt all day! Some times I would like to kick those pockets! HA!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I can't wait to visit this area someday. I have never been to the desert in my life, isn't that crazy??

Jill said...

Your shots are a beautiful but I adore your fence shots!

TexWisGirl said...

totally agree with jill!!! LOVE the fences!

Rae said...

I like them all, but especially that last one. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Don't have too much fun at the rodeo!!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Beautiful scenes! That fence shot is especially nice. Have fun watching those Wranglers at the rodeo!

EG CameraGirl said...

Seems funny to see a stop sign in what appears to be the middle of nowhere but hey! Some people DO need to be told to look both ways before turning onto a busier road.

Rose said...

Oh, Susan, I love this whole set of photos!