- Sunday night, my daughter from Virginia arrives with her husband, children and mother-in-law. They drove all the way from the east coast to attend a funeral of her husbands best friend.
- Monday - went to work, and had to go to a meeting in the afternoon. I close down the office and off I went. I no sooner got to the meeting when I received a frantic phone call from my youngest daughter, the baby, Mila, had been laying on the couch, and evidently one of the boy cousins, pushed the other and he fell on the baby. Mila started screaming and could not be consoled. Meredith panicked and rushed the baby to insta-care, when they couldn't calm her they sent her to Emergency. So, I rushed off to emergency to meet her. By the time I got there, she had finally calmed down and the doctor checked her over. Said she was fine but to watch her for anything unusual. That little stinker really knows how to throw a fit. When we got back home, is when I saw the news about the bombs in Boston. I was devastated.
- Tuesday - I stayed home to spend the day with my daughter from Virginia. It was her birthday and I was glad I could stay home with her. It was cold, cloudy and snowing as close as the Red Mountain. The news on the TV was dreadful and my house began to fill up with more of my kids and grandkids. I was sitting on the floor because it was the only place I could find.
- Meanwhile Tiah was having a ball with the kids. It didn't matter what they did to her, she took it in stride and loved the attention.
- Wednesday, Sarah left to go home. I went back to work. So much work. Heard about the explosion in Texas. When things go south they really go south in this country. Floods, bombings, explosions, man oh man.
- Friday, at work and it was my best friends last day. Mike and I have known each other for 17 years, and he is a real sweetheart. Funny, and loves to make my day more miserable if it's already started that way. His way of cheering me up. He's listened to my rants, my sobs, my problems with the patience of Job. His wife is a doll and he has a 16 year old son. He is one of casualties of the reorganization of our division. He's worked at Parks for 22 years and they laid him off. When he left he came up to me, gave me a kiss and a long hug and told me, "I'm gonna miss you sweetheart." I can tell you he won't miss me as much as I'll miss him. He's going into trucking. He says he's always wanted to drive a truck, so he's off to school to earn his CDL and then he'll be driving trucks. I'll have to help keep an eye on his wife, they haven't been separated for any longer than a few days, so it will be hard on her at first.
- Bored yet?
Sunday, April 21, 2013
What a week!
What a week! Whew, I thought I would list how this week has gone: