Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm baaaaaccckkk....

I have resolved the issue that was breaking my heart.  It's not completely healed, but hopefully it will get better.  All I can say is "KIDS KILL ME!"  What was I thinking?  Anyway, while I was nursing my hurt feelings I decided to try something.  I made homemade dog food!  Woohoo! I know, boring!  But, the dog food is killing my budget and I swear Tiah eats way better than I do. So, I cooked brown rice, yams, apples, carrots, and green beans and mixed it all together.  NO PEAS, I discovered that it is peas that make her smell up my little house with that awful gas! I mix it with a little of her dry puppy food, and a little meat from a can, and she absolutely loves it!  It's been 3 days and I've only gone through one can of dog food.  

How's that for little Suzy Homemaker crap?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, Susan!

Sweet photo of Tiah and good for you making the dog food!

We had supper with our 85 yr old Puerto Rican neighbor and she makes her dog's food also; it looked good to me!

TexWisGirl said...

crap. ha! you are too cute.

glad you're doing better.

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Hey Hey!! Good to have you back, and kicking! Nothing better to help us deal with "stuff" than doing something for our buddies.

We go to the store, pick up all that we need. At the register we spend something like 15 bucks for us, and 40 for the pets!! Dry food, canned food, boxes of bits of this, bits of that, snacks and "doodies"... It gets expensive, for sure.

A big hug for you!!
miriam

Jeanne said...

Glad you are back and feeling, well, maybe not perfect, but better.... till the next kid thing comes up ( and it will for sure, because they are your kids) Welcome back, and how is that for a run on sentence??

Kay said...

I'm lucky that my dog will eat just about anything, but I don't know if I'd be good at making her home-made dog food.

Kerin said...

Good to have you back!

That sounds like a good recipe for some gourmet doggie food :)

Jill said...

Glad you are back! Continue healing. Way to go on the dog food!

Debbie said...

haha, i hear ya susie, kids, a tad over-rated!!

happy to hear that you are feeling better!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Nice to see you blogging! Hope everything is okay with you now. Sorry, but I had to laugh thinking of Tiah's 'gas' problems and come to find out it was something simple like peas! :D