Thursday, March 1, 2012

Out in the desert....

I went out walking with Tiah this afternoon when I got home from work.  I took a trail that we go on alot. I wish I could take a picture of what I see, the colors that I see, the beauty that I see.  Somehow, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to show you all the blueness of the sagebrush.  The whiteness of the cheat grass, the evergreen of the creosote trees, the golden tops of bush that is turning green on the bottom.  This desert is not barren, but full of life.  Yes, there is lots of red sand, red rocks, and blue sky, but the green is unbelievable.  I can see penstemons that are blooming green leaves and will in a month or so, bloom with beautiful pink flowers.  I am looking forward to spring so I can show you just how much more beautiful the desert is with cactus blooming, wildflowers blooming and trees with leaves on.  But for now, the desert is beautiful in it's winter colors.  I'll try again to take pictures that can somehow show you how beautiful it really is. 

Meanwhile, taking my puppy walking has been one of the best things I do.  She loves it and so do I.  The fresh air and the beauty that surrounds me is soul restoring.  She takes off running up and down the trail, off the trail, up and down hills.  I was watching her today, and wished I had four legs and was 60 years younger.  Then maybe I could run up and down hills.  Meanwhile, I just have to whistle and she comes running back, and she never takes her eyes off of me.  If I get to far behind, she comes running back to make sure I'm ok.  She's a good girl!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

she's a smart girl, too. :) she knows she's got a good thing going...

Jeanne said...

This is truly beautiful Susan! Can't wait to see your spring photos, and so wonderful that you and Tiah are having so much fun together!!!!

Jill said...

This is a lovely photo! Makes me want to be right there.

I'm so glad you have such a smart pup! You two are made for each other. :)

Rose said...

Tiah is sure going to be a good dog...and I like the picture and I think you do a pretty darn good job in capturing the beauty around you.

Anonymous said...

Life if good... those dog walks are precious... I enjoy mine with Lucy.