Friday, July 1, 2011

This old tractor isn't as beautiful as it used to be when it was younger.  Maybe it doesn't even work as well, at least not without repairs more often.  BUT, it's still useful, it accomplishes harvesting the wheat which is what it was created to do.  As I get older, I'm not as beautiful, or skinny as I used to be.  I don't have the energy I used to have.  BUT, I'm still useful, I am still able to do all those things which I must, and what I like.  AND, I have more wisdom, I've learned alot of lessons, I've had a lot of experiences which have taught me empathy, patience and tolerance.  Yes, I'm 59 years old, and not as young as I used to be and boy am I glad!

1 comment:

Lady Godiva said...

Well said! and....you have some wonderfully cute grandchildren too. I saw all their pictures in your sidebar. They are all so precious :)