Monday, June 27, 2011

When I was young, I had my life all mapped out.  Like most young people we have a definite idea of how our life is going to go and what we are going to do.  I looked forward to my future, and I just knew it was gonna be good.  When I was 13 years old I met my future husband.  Of course I was to young to date or even think about it, and then he was sent to Vietnam.  I didn't know if he would ever come back, or how long he would be gone.  Then one night when I was sixteen I went to a party with a boy I liked and there he was, the boy I had met when I was 13 and he was back from the war.  It took him 2 weeks to finally call me and ask me out, but we soon became engaged and I was married to him 6 months out of high school on December 19th, 1970.  We were married 3 years before our first baby came, but he came and he was the cutest baby in the world.  We named him Jason.  Then 2 1/2 years later came my little Lottie, and then every two years I had another boy, Aaron, then my little Sarah, and then my last baby, my sweet little Meredith.  I was so blest, and so very tired.  But I love my 5 children with all my heart.  My marriage fell apart after 17 years, but the constant in my life has been my beautiful, loving children.  Now all but one is married, and have children of their own, and I cherish and enjoy watching my grandchildren play, sleep, and when they snuggle with me, I am the luckiest woman in the world.  My children are thoughtful, hard working, loving, kind, and good people.  I know God had a hand in it, because I surely didn't raise these children all by myself.  I had help from my parents, their Dad, their stepmother, and various adult leaders.  My life hasn't turned out as I thought it would, some things fell to the wayside, some things failed, some things broke my heart into a million pieces, and when I thought I would never recover, the thoughts of my children would come into my mind and somehow I kept putting one foot in front of the other.  No my life is still not what I would like it to be, but I am so blessed, blessed, blessed....

1 comment:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Life has a way of throwing things at us that we don't expect. And it's up to us to figure out a way to keep our balance, and to get back up when we fall down. Hang in there sweetie!