Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It is officially summer here.  Although the official time for summer to start is June21st, it's become hot here.  We've been lucky and had a wonderful spring.  Busy month ahead, 3 more birthdays, Fathers Day, and then here comes July 4th.  I'm thinking summer may just come and go before I know it.  I need to slow down and enjoy it.  Some may say, how can you enjoy 100+ weather?  Well, it's not easy, but there are those things that make it bearable.  I'm thinking of.... soaking myself with the hose when I'm watering, or sipping on a lemonade slush.  Walking around barefoot, getting up early to beat the heat, and getting your yard work done.  Sitting outside in the dark and looking at the starlit sky, the cooler air feeling good on your skin.  There are also the great sounds of summer, crickets, frogs croaking, coyotes yipping, the sound of thunder after a lighting flash, dogs barking, lawn mower humming, people outside talking, children squealing while playing in their little swimming pools.  Ahhh, summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like heaven on earth Susan! Your pictures are just so beautiful. I look forward to reading your posts with the adventures of old Alice, just love that name...
Hugs Rosemary...XX

Anonymous said...

Your prose is laced with such visual treasure it's as if I am there among it all. The clear honesty of your love of nature stirs my soul. Enjoy your summer to the fullest.